In the current environment when we will travel again is anyone’s guess. So I decided to catch-up on the creation of my photo-books, I have photos since 2015 to be used. When I create these books I like to add travel inspiring quotes and that got me doing some research. Some sites just list their favourites, some categorise them and others include a bit of both with photos. I was inspired and decided to create my own list of favourites and sprinkle in some of my photos along the way with a bit of an explanation on why that photo. Hope it inspires you.
- “If you think adventures are dangerous, try routine: It’s Lethal.” – Paulo Coelho.
- “Travel is never a matter of money, but of Courage.” Paulo Coelho
- “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag.
- “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous
- “Little by little, one travels Far.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “Take only memories, leave only Footprints.” – Chief Seattle
- “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” Dalai Lama
- “Life is short and the world is wide.” – Simon Raven
- “Always take the scenic road.” Unknown
- “This heart of mine was made to travel this world” – Unknown
- “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
- “My favourite thing is to go where I’ve never been.” – Diane Arbus
- “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai
- “The journey itself is my home.” – Matsuo Basho
- “I can’t think of anything that excites a greater sense of childlike wonder than to be in a country where you are ignorant of almost everything. Suddenly you are five years old again. You can’t read anything, you have only the most rudimentary sense of how things work, you can’t reliably cross a street without endangering your life. Your whole existence becomes a series of interesting guesses.” – Bill Bryson
Almaty, Kazakhstan July ’15, this trip was about seeing the 2nd tallest all wooden building in the world, which I did, but I also found the most powerful memorial I have ever seen.
- “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveller is unaware.” – Martin Buber
- “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Unknown
- “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
- “So much of who we are is where we have been.” – William Langeweische
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all” – Helen Keller
- “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love” – Ernest Hemmingway
- “There is nothing safer than flying, its crashing that is dangerous” – Theo Cowan
- “I wish I had never gone travelling. Said no one EVER!” – Unknown
- “I would rather own a little and see the world than own the world and see a little of it.” – Alexander Sattler
- “Live with no excuses and travel with no regrets” – Oscar Wilde
- “I want to make memories all over the world” – Unknown
- “Travel …the best way to be lost and found at the same time.” Brenna Smith
- “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met” – John Green
- “Travelling is not something you are good at. It’s something you do, like breathing.” – Gayle Foreman
- “Travel has a way of stretching the mind” – Ralph Crawshaw
- “I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake.” – Robert Louis Stevenson.
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page” – Saint Augustine
- “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.” – Anais Nin
- “Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more that I have seen.” Benjamin Disraeli
- “Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.” – Roy M. Goodman
- “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.”
- “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less travelled by.” Robert Frost
- “Tourists don’t know where they have been, travellers don’t know where they are going.” – Paul Theroux
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore Dream Discover.”- Mark Twain
- “At its best, travel should challenge our preconceptions and most cherish views, cause us to rethink our assumptions, shake us a bit, make us broader minded and more understanding.” – Arthur Frommer
- “One of the great things about travel is that you find out how many good, kind people there are.” Edith Wharton
- “Travel and change of place impart new vigour to the mind.” – Seneca
- “Home is where the heart is, and my heart is where I am at the moment.” Lily Leung
- “The more I travelled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” – Shirley MacLaine
- “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness” – Mark Twain
So that’s my list, 58 because that’s how old I am. Do you have favourites that aren’t in this list? Please share as I would love to know.
As always if you like what you have read, don’t forget to like and follow me to find out more about my travels, food, books etc both recent and past. Looking forward to continuing to share.
#travels #exploringtheworld #friends #zerotohero #favoriteplaces #history #fortheloveoftravel #travelquotes #inspiration
2 thoughts on “My Favourite Travelling Quotes and Photos to Inspire”
I love this so much! Time and circumstances mean I haven’t traveled as much as I would have liked but there is always time.
Hawaii – the big island that is – is an amazingly diverse place to explore.
New Zealand is simply stunning! From the snow capped mountains to the glaciers and for those willing to make the effort, Doubtful Sound.
The UAE. Forget what you think you know and immerse yourself in the culture. Get lost in the blanketing silence of the empty quarter.
All these places have left indelible marks on my soul.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Qasr al Sarab and walking on a frozen canal in Holland
Love your articles
LikeLiked by 1 person